Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Moonshine - Part Deux

*subject to the appearence of moon.

I hate this statement. It appears before the dates mentioned on the calendar on which I have to visit my home. Every year this happens. Damn it... why on earth can not we sight this stupid moon. One has to have tickets arranged, leaves managed. Every year my leaves get sandwiched - if I leave on the final day then I have to bear extra ticket fare. See My Post of last year - same issues.

The place where I am visiting.. usually has 3 Eids. Another absurdity.

Morons. One does not need to the 'sight' the moon to celebrate Eids. Its no where in Quran.

10:05 - It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light, and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand.

Its just a measure to know when Hajj or Eid whatever will take place. One can use any measure to know about the new moon. But we wont. Why should we? Stupid is as stupid does.

No comments: